Working Holiday (Subclass 417)

Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417)

Working holiday visa allow young adults to have an extended holiday in Australia while being able to work here to fund their trip. Generally, there seems to be a misunderstanding when it comes to working holiday visas to Australia. It is important to know about working holiday visas: Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417)

To be eligible to apply for this visa you must:


  • Hold passport from an eligible country
  • Be 18 to 30 years old (both inclusive). However, Canadian, French and Irish citizens who can be up to 35 years old
  • Have sufficient funds to support yourself while you are in Australia
  • Meet health & character requirements
  • Not be accompanied by dependent children
  • Not have previously entered Australia on a Subclass 417 or Subclass 462 visa
  • Not have had a visa cancelation or refusal of a previous application

Working Holiday Visa can be granted for up to 3 times

  • First Working Holiday Visa
  • Second Working Holiday Visa
  • Third Working Holiday Visa

If you have previously been in Australia on a Subclass 417 visa, you must have undertaken 3 months of specified work during your first visa to become eligible for a second Working Holiday visa. Accordingly, you must have undertaken 6 months of specified work during your second visa to become eligible for a third Working Holiday visa.

There is no fourth Working Holiday visa. Thus, if you want to stay longer in Australia, Contact us to discuss options for your further stay.

For this visa, you must lodge an application online. Further, you must apply for this visa when you are outside Australia and you must be outside Australia when a decision is made on your application.

List of countries whose passport holder are eligible to apply for this visa
Belgium Republic of Ireland
Canada Italy
Republic of Cyprus Japan
Denmark Republic of Korea
Estonia Malta
Finland Netherlands
France Norway
Germany Sweden
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (including British National Overseas passport holder) Taiwan (other than an official or diplomatic passport)
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland


 Advantages of Working Holiday Visa

  • Stay in Australia up to 12 months
  • Study for up to 4 months
  • Undertake short-term work to support your trip
  • Travel to and from Australia as many times

If you are not sure if you are eligible for this visa or which documents are required, Contact us so we can help you in applying for your visa.

If you are from a country that is not eligible for the Working Holiday visa, you might be eligible for a   Training visa subclass 407 which allow you to come to Australia if you wish to enhance your skills in an eligible occupation.

Visa Immigration Agent