Partner/ Spouse Visa in Australia

Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents and eligible New Zealand citizens are able to sponsor their married and de-facto partners through the Partner visa and fiancés who are outside Australia through Prospective Marriage visa.


If you are seeking assistance in these visa categories, Discuss your case with us today.

Parent Visa Categories

Partner Migration (Types of visas)
  • Prospective Marriage – People intending to get married (fiancé) by bringing your fiancé for the purpose of marriage
  • Married partners (including same sex partners)
  • De-facto partners (including same sex partners
There are three types of partner visas
  • Prospective Marriage visa (Subclass 300)
  • Partner visa – onshore (Subclass 820 and 801)
  • Partner visa – offshore (Subclass 309 and 100)

The type of visa a person should apply for depends on the type of relationship. The applicants must:

  • Have a mutual commitment to a shared life together, to the exclusion of all others
  • Have a genuine and continuing relationship
  • Live together or not live separately and apart on a permanent basis

Prospective Marriage visa

Prospective Marriage visa applicants are granted temporary visa with 9 months validity to marry the fiancé either in or outside Australia. After marriage, the applicant can apply for Partner visa process for permanent stay in Australia.

This visa does not apply to same sex couples.

Advantages of Prospective Marriage visa

  • enter Australia before marriage
  • travel to and from Australia
  • work and study in Australia

If you want to bring your fiancé to Australia, Contact Us so that we can assist you in preparing your visa application.

Visa Immigration Agent


Parent Visa Categories

Permanent Parent Visa Categories
  • Contributory Parent: Class CA (Contributory Parent–Migrant) (Subclass 143)
  • Contributory Aged Parent: Class DG (Contributory Aged Parent–Residence) (Subclass 864)
  • Parent: Class AX (Parent–Migrant (Subclass 103)
  • Aged Parent: Class BP (Aged Parent–Residence) (Subclass 804)
Temporary Parent Visa Categories
  • Contributory Parent (Temporary): Class UT (Contributory Parent–Temporary) (Subclass 173)
  • Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary): Class UU (Contributory Aged Parent–Temporary) (Subclass 884)
  • Sponsored Parent (Temporary): (Subclass 870)

Visa Immigration Agent