Work and Holiday Visas (Subclass 462)

Subclass 462 Visa

Working holiday visas allow young adults to have an extended holiday in Australia while being able to work here to fund their trip. Generally, there seems to be a misunderstanding when it comes to working holiday visas to Australia. It is important to know about Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462).

To be eligible to apply for this visa you must:


  • Hold passport from an eligible country
  • Be 18 to 30 years old (both inclusive)
  • Have sufficient funds to support yourself while you are in Australia
  • Meet education requirements
  • Meet functional English Requirements
  • Have letter of support from Government (for certain countries passport holders only)
  • Meet health & character requirements
  • Not be accompanied by dependent children
  • Not have previously entered Australia on a Subclass 462 or Subclass 417 visa
  • Not have had a visa cancelation or refusal of a previous application

Work and Holiday Visa can be granted for up to 3 times

  • First Work and Holiday Visa
  • Second Work and Holiday Visa
  • Third Work and Holiday Visa

If you have previously been in Australia on a Subclass 462 visa, you must have undertaken 3 months of specified work during your first visa to become eligible for a second Work and Holiday visa. Accordingly, you must have undertaken 6 months of specified work during your second visa to become eligible for a third Work and Holiday visa.

For this visa, most applications are lodged online. Further, you must apply for this visa when you are outside Australia and you must be outside Australia when a decision is made on your application.

List of countries whose passport holder are eligible to apply for this visa
Argentina Poland
Austria Portugal
Chile San Marino
China, People’s Republic of Singapore
Czech Republic Slovak Republic
Ecuador Slovenia
Greece Spain
Hungary Thailand
Indonesia Turkey
Israel Uruguay
Luxembourg United States of America
Malaysia Vietnam


Advantages of Work and Holiday Visa

  • Stay in Australia up to 12 months
  • Study for up to 4 months
  • Undertake short-term work to support your trip
  • Travel to and from Australia as many times

If you are not sure if you are eligible for this visa or which documents are required, Contact us so we can help you in applying for your visa.

If you are from a country that is not eligible for the Work and Holiday visa, you might be eligible for a  Training visa subclass 407 which allow you to come to Australia if you wish to enhance your skills in an eligible occupation.

Visa Immigration Agent